Wednesday 11 July 2012

Review: Ulta3 Mojito

Hello again guys,
Today I am doing a review on Ulta3's nail colour Mojito. To start off yes, I have re-used this picture from one of my previous posts, as I honestly don't have the time to go a re-photograph it. I bought this polish at BigW for $2.
First of all the name Mojito, when I bought this nail polish I had sort of guessed that a mojito was a type of drink. I just wasn't sure if it was a cocktail or an everyday beverage. Turns out it is a cocktail that has mint leaves and lime juice in it. I thought that the name was quite clever and I do enjoy saying "Mojito", it sounds so tropical!
There's nothing special about the packaging. It's just a cyllinder bottle, with an easy to hold lid. I am not inlove with the packaging, but it does the job and hey, this polish was only $2.
The colour of Mojito is what drew me to it. In the bottle I was hoping it would be a pastel green, rather than a turquoise-green colour. I was super disappointed, until I actually tried it on. I love that the colour is so loud and in-your-face.
A downside to this nail polish was the formula. It seemed really thick and gluggy in the bottle but then on the first coat, it was sheer! For the above photo I did have 3 coats on, but some were relatively thick. It also took a while to cover the streakiness of this polish. I waited for the first to be entirely dry, before I went on and did the others.
Overall, I did like this polish. The only thing that could have been better, was the formula. I does turn out a little bit darker than the above picture shows, but nothing too different. I also reccommend using a top coat with Mojito as I found it started to chip almost straight after it dried (be sure to wrap the tips with top coat too).
I hope you enjoyed this post,
Gogo xxx

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! Such a shame you found the formula to be so poor - I have lots of Ulta polishes and I love the formula...maybe you just got a dud :( My favourite Ulta shades are Watermelon and Pink Colada!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I also have quite a few Ulta3 colours and none seem to be as thick as Mojito, I am starting to think I got a dud ;)

      Delete