Tuesday 3 July 2012

Review: BYS Blue Bang

Hello again guys,
So sorry for the lack of blogging, I honestly forgot I had this blog.
Today I thought I'd do another nailpolsh review of an Australian beauty company, BYS' nail colour in Blue Bang.
First off, I think the name is a bit cliche, but hey when I bought a $4 nail polish, I wasn't expecting an OPI standard in the naming department. Anywho, I think this colour could've had a nicer name.
The packaging is average for a cheap nail polish. I don't hate it, nor am I inlove with it. As I have found with all of BYS' nail polishes, the squared lid isn't too easy to hold if you're not used to it.
The colour itself however, is unusual and unlink most blues I have seen. I can't quite put my finger on it but I think the colour is a darker shade than normal and is slightly grey toned, in some lights.
The formula of Blue Bang is actually pretty average. It wasn't overly streaky, only a little sticky. I found that I had to wait until my first coat was completly dry before I went on to do the second, or it would become a sticky, gloopy mess and I'd have to remove it.
Overall, I am not a huge fan of this polish, but I still do like it, the colour payoff was good and the polish was opaque and the application went reasonably well after I figured out how to get over a few little bumps. For only 4 Australian Dollars, I would say it's quite good value.
Write Soon,
Gogo xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment