Thursday 26 July 2012

Haul: Overseas

Hello eveyone,
I am really sorry I failed to post much in the later days of my trip to Asia. I felt like my posts were less enjoyable because I couldn't upload pictures, I had to have links to them. I knew not many people would actually follow the links and it would potentially steer readers away.
Anywho, today I will be showing you a haul of the nail products I purchased overseas. There wasn't any big named brands (OPI, China Glaze, Essie) that I found a colour I actually liked. That's why most people have never heard of these brands before.
I haven't swatched these colours yet and my camera is still not fixed, so again I am using my sister's, which isn't so good and had extremly low battery (which is why there is only one picture).

From left to right: Fuso Nail Enamel no.85, Rainbow no.62, Rainbow no.81, Lakme Color Crash no-name, Rainbow no.34 and Fuso Nail Enamel no.70.
I honestly don't know why I laid the polishes out so jumbled up and no by brands.

Fuso Nail Enamel no.85:
This colour is a metallic purple/pink. I think it has some microglitter in it, but I can't be sure completely. I got it from Mustafa Centre for s$3.50. I am giving this to my friend.

Rainbow no.62:
This colour is again a metallic, it also looks like it's made up of purple microglitter. In the sun it looks like a lilac, however in shade it appears a few shades darker. I bought this for s$2 in I12 Katong. I am also giving this polish away.

Rainbow no.81:
This polish is a light strawberry pink with silver and some translucent glitter. I can imagine this colour being quite sheer, unless you layer it. This does remind me of a colur in my collection by Lina Nail Lacquer, so I decided to give it to another friend. I also bought this for s$2 in I12 Katong.

Lakme Colour Crash:
This is just a simple dark blue. I would actually say it kind of looks like OPI's Dating A Royal, not an exact dupe, but in the bottle they look similar. I think the flash in the above photo made it appear lighter than in person. By looking at it, I think it would have a cream finish but I'm not entirely sure yet. I bought this for s$3.80 from Mustafa Centre.

Rainbow no.34:
This is probably my favourite colour of them all! Though now more than one person has said it reminds them of grandmas. What do you guys think? It is a duochrome that turn from an off white to a light green. This one definately has silver microglitter and also some medium hex glitter, that is silver aswell. I swatched it on one finger, just to see how it turned out and although it's sheer, it is really unique and pretty. I bought this for s$2 in I12 Katong.

Fuso Nail Enamel no.70:
This colour is very similar to many I have come across before. The closest I can think of is China Glaze's Snow Globe, only the base isn't quite as white the CG colour. The base is clear, with maybe the slightest yellow tint to it. The glitters are different sizes and translucent too. I once again, am giving this to my friend. I bought this at Mustafa Centre for s$3.50.

I'm not completely sure if I mentioned, this currency is all in the Singapore Dollar.

Thank you for reading,
I hope you enjoyed these colours as much as I have.
Gogo xxx





2 comments:

  1. Why do you think that the polish looks like someones Grandmother? I think that it's super stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just what a few people have said.
      I don't think it does though, I love it.

      Delete